Friday, January 12, 2007

THE Amigurumi Neko

I finished THE famous Ami-Neko (amigurumi cat).
I think I like it a little too much. :D

Since I first saw this neko and its pattern that Nekoyama-san created, I have been wanting to make one.

Look at this amazingly peaceful facial expression! :)))
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This kitty can sit fabulously well!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She needed a little rest...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I couldn't help it, I just had to dress her up a little! :D
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pattern in English can be found at Nekoyama-san's website).
- Stole pattern not included.

This is THE famous Japanese amigurumi neko. As some of you probably know, they even have its published pictorial in Japan!

The yarn I used to make this neko is Bernat Softee Chunky, and it's approximately 12 1/2" tall when sitting.
I made this amigurumi for my newborn niece in Japan, but I almost don't want to send it to her. :D This cat to me is an ultimate zen cat, and I just have to make another one ASAP for myself!

20 comments:

  1. love your cat. i'm sure your neice will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allena -
    Thank you for your kind words. :)
    I think this cat is great for little kids because they can play with them making different poses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:07 PM CST

    Chie, the cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie -
    Isn't she though? :))) I just love this neko!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chie, that is just so cute!!! I love the color combination, and the way you gave it such a sweet personality :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimi -
    Thanks! It gotta be pink for a little girl, right? :))) I have a good reason now to make more things with my favorite colors, pink and red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:17 AM CST

    Thanks for the link to the pattern. Your kitty is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Siow Chin -
    Thanks! I can't wait to see your neko! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog. Actually, I had been lurking your blog for some time. I can see why you don't want to give this cat away. It's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lily -
    Thanks for leaving me your kind comment. :) I am working on MINE this time so I hope you'll stop by again soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chie, this kitty is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm a catlover, so this is my cup of tea. Thanks so much for the link to the pattern. I just hope I can do it. If not, can I pay you to make one for me? :))))))

    You should make some of these and put them in your store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your neko is so cute, love the sleepy eyes, so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:48 PM CST

    wow.. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon -
    Let me know when you have any question or have trouble crocheting this neko!

    Pam -
    I think her eyes are the best feature of this neko too! When I look at her, it reminds that stop and rest is a good thing. :D

    Shinbun-san,
    Thank you for your kind comment!
    Glad you stopped by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chie I love your kitty so much that I have to make one. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and the link with all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly -
    I can't wait to see your kitty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:37 AM CST

    waiting your next crochet project :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I fell in love with your cat and had to make a couple o them myself. Take a look at http://www.virkverket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:41 PM CDT

    Hello dear Chie,

    I know you posted about your friend's Amineko recently. But, couldn't help smiling when I saw yours here. Especially the last one and looks like he's meditating(LOL!) Just so cute!

    Kindest regards,

    Crocheting Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :) *hugs*

~ Chie