Sunday, January 07, 2007

1st post - Year 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! - Shinnen akemashite omedetou gozaimasu. :)
I hope everyone had a happy holiday season! Mine started out in a very special way.....
My sister had a beautiful baby girl on Christmas eve! I really wanted to crochet something for the baby before she was born, but I was so busy with my contracts, and I had given up on it, but...... it was so strange... about a week before the baby was born, a good crafty friend of mine gave me a skein of pink Red Heart Baby sport weight yarn! Also, my busy schedule had some changes which allowed me pick up some time here and there to finish this baby set!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used "Soft and Sweet Layette" pattern on Leisure Arts' "Baby Layettes and Afghans" booklet, and I love how this set came out. :)

Also, I'm working on an amigurumi.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am using THE famous Japanese amigurumi pattern, and I'm sure many of you can tell which one I'm talking about, but I will not go into the details until this one is finished. ;)

I must finish the amigurumi ASAP so I won't be away too long. ;D
Wishing everybody a happy and crafty new year!

6 comments:

  1. Chie, your baby items are so pretty! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. We haven't heard from you in way too long. I miss your posts and reading about what you are working on. I'm glad to see you back! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful for a little girl.And so wellcome back after the holidays and special works you have made.
    Happy New Year
    wishes Ulla in the north of Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon -
    Thank you, Sharon! I had a good Christmas, but very busy also (I know I say this too much). I didn't get to do anything special for New Year's Day as I normally do, but it was still good. :)
    I try to post more here, I promise! :)

    Ulla -
    Thank you so much for you kind words always! Wishing you a wonderful, crafty new year, Ulla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradualtions on becoming an Aunt! The baby outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to become an aunt on Xma's day! And as always, your work is adorable! Your own bags are terrific, I specially like the brown/beige one!
    Happy New Year, Chie!;)

    Mimi from Mimi's knitting Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam -
    Thank you so much! I don't have a daughter so I enjoyed working with pink!

    Mimi -
    Thank you for your kind words as always, my friend!
    I really should start designing again. It's been too long since the last time I did. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :) *hugs*

~ Chie