Sunday, July 22, 2007

WIP - Tunisian crochet

Between other fun projects, I've been enjoying crocheting this Tunisian crochet piece so much!


The pattern I'm using is "Felted Entrelac Handbag" from Gourmet Crochet. Carolyn is one of my favorite crochet designers. I'm a big fan!
This one requires only a regular crochet hook because the rows are short, and it's just great.
I'm going to felt this after all the crocheting is done, and I can't wait. :) I believe I've never posted any felted project here before, but I did some felting last year, and I loved it. I think it's just perfect for bags.

This bag is such a quick project, and I'm hoping to finish it soon. :)

11 comments:

  1. Your work is so neat Chie, and the bag looks hot! Can't wait to see it finished ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say something along the same lines as Mimi. Your stitches look perfect! I think I'd like to try Tunisian also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stellar pattern! :) nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting use of tunisian crochet.Yes she is a good designer and you have made a lovely example of the pattern.
    Ulla in the north of Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are great. I like tunisian crochet too. I think your handbag'll look great.. Cant wait to see it.
    I have been made a baby blanket with this stich too. Entrelac is awesome... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. like the color, and the neat stitches you made. I got curious now as to how to make an entrelac will try to find patterns for this. the book is interesting as well. can't wait to see this finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that pretty, you have the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This finish is just so awesome..!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:06 PM CDT

    can't wait to see the finished item. Love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've started one a few months ago. love it. Nice to see some one else making one to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:50 PM CDT

    I like this stitch also. How do you do it? Can you post instructions Please?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :) *hugs*

~ Chie