Monday, July 30, 2007

Felted Entrelac Handbag

The Entrelac Handbag is all felted and completed!

Felted Entrelac Handbag
"Felted Entrelac Handbag"
Pattern from: Gourmet Crochet

I just love the entrelac pattern, and this bag was such an easy and quick project!
This time, I made the strap thinner, but I'm not sure if it was necessary.
Next time, I will probably try using a smaller hook and see how much faster the bag will felt than this one. I also think it would be fun to make a bigger bag by crocheting with 2 strands of the yarn.

I feel all like felting now that actually, I've made another felted bag with the yarn I had in my stash, and it's drying now. ;)
Oh, and I'm planning to put lining on both bags before I start using them in winter, and I really need to find out where my sewing machine is! :D

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love it! The felting came out great. With the tunisian I wouldn't think you would have to felt it, but I bet it is much sturdier.

    I can't figure out which book it is in on the site, but wow I want them all now!

    Great job as always Chie.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the entrelac pattern, I will have to try it sometime. But felting, I guess would remain a mystery to me in a very long time, since I don't even have the yarn and the time (and maybe the patience) to try it out.

    Oh, and excellent work Chie, your bag turned out very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bag!

    The colours and the form seems to be perfect.
    Ulla in the north of Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chie,

    I love your purse. I would love to try that bag, but I have to figure out how to get the pattern. It looks like fun.!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :) *hugs*

~ Chie