Thursday, July 29, 2004

I have been a busy mommy

I found this Japanese site with pictures of really cute crocheted hats made with linen thread.   I happened to have linen thread so I have been trying to make one of the hats.  Since I don't have the pattern, it's been a bit frustrating making it.   I had to rip it, I don't know how many times, so far, and I am expecting some more ripping until I finish it.    Although I love the softness and the nice weight of this linen hat, I think I will have to get a little break from it and go back to my 63 squares...

Guess what!  I got a new puppy yesterday!  :)))



She is a miniature schnauzer, 6 wks old.  She is fearless, playful, and she loves to sleep on my lap.  :)     Oh, she doesn't have a name yet.  I will try to come up with one later today. :)

It's been very hard for me since I lost my 10 year-old toy poodle while I was in Japan recovering from leukemia ( she was in the States).   My husband couldn't tell me about her death until later.  I even crocheted her a sweater in Japan looking forward to seeing her again.  :'(   I never wanted to talk about this tragedy with anyone but my husband , and I never thought I would have another puppy either...   But today, I am starting over again with a great new puppy.  :)   I hope I didn't sound awful.   Did I think I was ready for a new puppy?  - I was not sure.  Do I feel guilty? - Yes.    My poodle will always be my special.   But I do believe now that I am just having another special, precious friend.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! :) *hugs*

~ Chie