Monday, March 26, 2007

A doily

I finished a doily!!! :)


* Click for a larger view *

The pattern is from a Japanese book one of my crafty Japanese friends sent to me from Japan more than a year ago. I made a couple of mistakes, but I don't know where they are now. :D I really just can't see the stitches well anymore when I crochet with thread... :(
I still LOVE thread crochet though because really, crochet stitches are whole lot prettier when done with thread.

I feel like crocheting/knitting, but I just don't know what to make next... I recently bought a bunch of sport weight acrylic yarn without a plan, and they are still in a box sitting in the living room. I still don't know what to do with them...

*****

I really need to lose about 30 lbs (I am now back to my pregnancy weight without being pregnant!) and strengthen my muscle so I started walking last week. I also watch what I eat, but I've been having a hard time staying happy. :(
I feel so tired for the rest of the day after walking approx. 2.5 miles in the morning, and I get angry for not being able to eat like I want. :D
Yesterday, Hubby went and bought a dozen of donuts, and that made me so mad that I haven't talked to him since. :D It's just not fair he can eat whatever he wants and he never gains weight!!! :(

To those who sit and work for hours everyday, but manage to stay fit - PLEASE share with me your secret. ;D I'm serious! Just email me, ok? :D

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM CDT

    wow, that is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely doily, Chie! I love the graceful movement of the leaves in it. I'm a big fan of japanese designs :D
    Hmm...about gaining weight, we are really predisposed to it at a certain age, and certainly we should avoid white flour, white sugar and saturated fats. Other matters would differ between individuals, so its best to know yourself and what works for you. I've just come across a site with free workout routines, and so far its the best I've seen. She also has other articles on nutrition and such that are very helpful. Please take a look at my sidebar for the links that I just posted. Trust me on this, Chie, and I'm not advertising her site. Just disregard the ads there and read the articles and view the exercises ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:40 PM CDT

    Chie that is beautiful! I'd make that one in a minute if I could understand the pattern, how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful doily. I also love to work with thread. I love how it turn out to become such a lacy and fine item.

    Regarding reducing weight, I found that walking is best one for me. Just fast walk for 30 to 45 min everyday. EVERYDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely doily....well you always do so lovely works.
    And keep on walking and enjoying life and don't spoil the days by thinking all the time of your weight.
    When you relax I hope you feel better and something positive happens with you dear Chie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chie :)))

    Your doily is gorgeous! I love it. If there are any mistakes in there I surely can't see them. Not that I would be looking for them anyway. :)

    I know what you are struggling with as far as weight gain. I need to lose about 50 pounds. It's hard. I love sweets and I'm going to have to find a way to either limit them or cut them out all together. Walking is important. That is probably the best inexpensive exercise you can do. Good Luck and you'll have to keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon -
    Thanks!!!
    I was doing great BEFORE Easter. I walked exercised, and ate less and more sensibly. It's so hard to do all that during holidays, don't you think? I LOVE sugar too, and we frosted Easter cookies, and I had to eat some of them, of course. :D
    It's ok though... I had a good time with my family during Easter.
    This morning I walked and exercised again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the most beautiful doily I have ever seen. I really like the way different parts pop out at me as I'm looking, sort of as if positive and negative space or background and foreground are shifting. Looking at this and other pictures on your blog, I can tell you are very skilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne -

    Nice to "meet" you and thank you so much for your kind words! :)))
    I really like this design as well, and it really was not hard to make!!! - Mostly double crochet stitches and chains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, there really is no secret. Just be determined you will take care of "you". Commit to walking or whatever it is you do for exercise - so many minutes a day or week or whatever. Eat healthy. I find 6 smaller meals a day is better than 3 large meals. Lots of water. You are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:17 AM CDT

    Hi Chie! I really like your blog and admire your abilities. I love the big complicated doilies!
    I find I feel more fit and tend to be a lighter weight when my diet is a higher percentage of vegetables, with about a quarter each complete protein and whole grains. Fatigue can also be a symptom of thyroid imbalance. I also noticed I started to feel tired from soy products...Anyway, I wish you luck with your energy and please keep up the beautiful crafts! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely design and great work !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! :) *hugs*

~ Chie