Wednesday, February 02, 2005

WIP : Diamond Lace Crochet Tunic

I saw this beautiful tunic Lori made, and I just couldn't resist. This pattern is from Lion Brand's web site, and it was to use with Wool-Ease sportweight. So I went, 60 miles from where I live to the NEAREST Michaels, but they didn't have sportweight Wool-Ease so instead, I bought Lion Brand Baby Soft in color "Melon".




When I saw this yarn at Michael's, it looked just like it does on the above photo, but under bright sunlight, it looks very PINK. (^^; I thought about returning the yarn, but after asking Hubby his opinion, I just decided to keep it. (^_^) My blog is pink, and I make lots of pink things, but nothing I wear or I have is pink. I'm always in blue boot-cut/flare jeans and black/gray/light blue/brown top. So this tunic is going to be my very first outfit in bright color! I know my son will like me wearing it because you know, little children always like bright colors. (^^)
Anyways, I think this diamond lace pattern is very beautiful, and it is so much fun to crochet! If this one comes out nice, I will probably make more in different color. Oh by the way, this is going to be my first crocheted garment so I'm excited to see how it'll turn out. (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! :) *hugs*

~ Chie