Skip to main content

Getting relaxed

I hope everyone had a wonderful, happy Christmas! Mine was good with all the food, people, and presents, although I missed my family in Japan a bit. All of my side of family is in Japan, and usually it doesn't bother me much, but especially during holiday season, it hits me a bit. I miss crocheting with Mom and my sister with my son and my little nephew running around in the house. LOL

Well, the Christmas is over, and I feel like I'm finally getting some rest. I've been sick with a cold, and bad migraine hit me last night, but I feel better today. I haven't been able to pick up a crochet hook since I made the wheat doily so not much crocheting news, but I sure have plans for some thread projects! (^^) Actually I have so many patterns I like, I don't know which one to start! Hehe.

Oh and one of the presents Hubby gave me was a....SEWING MACHINE! Yaaayyyy!!! I want to make a crochet hook case and a knitting circular needle case with it! But don't worry friends, sewing cannot take over my passion for crocheting or this blog. ;D

Added ---
Just one more thing I forgot to mention. (^^) It's not crochet related, but yesterday we put away our Christmas tree, and my 4-yr-old son went to pieces. (-_-) He cried and sobbed for about an hour saying "I want Christmas!" hugging the tree box! I felt so bad, I even thought about putting the tree back. Today he is OK. Thank God... I guess we are going to leave the lights outside a bit longer. (^^)

Comments

Popular Posts

A very simple skateboarder beanie

My hubby who skateboards had been asking me to make him a simple beanie.
He wanted "small stitches with thin yarn" for his beanie so I was thinking about knitting it with stockinette stitch and sportweight yarn... But I just didn't feel like knitting or using sportweight yarn so I just started crocheting it with single crochet stitches and rather thin worsted weight Caron's Simply Soft hoping that he would like it.

Result?

He didn't like it, he said he loved it and it was exactly like how he wanted it to be! :) He went to show the beanie to some of his skateboard buddies as soon as it was done, and that made me happy. :)



Check out other crocheters beanies made with this pattern on Ravelry!  
Anyways, I was relieved and thought maybe some of you may like to make one too. ;D
I used only chains and single crochet stitches.
I believe many of my visitors don't even need the pattern because it's really just basic hat pattern, and there may be similar one out t…

WIP - Tunisian crochet

Between other fun projects, I've been enjoying crocheting this Tunisian crochet piece so much!


The pattern I'm using is "Felted Entrelac Handbag" from Gourmet Crochet. Carolyn is one of my favorite crochet designers. I'm a big fan!
This one requires only a regular crochet hook because the rows are short, and it's just great.
I'm going to felt this after all the crocheting is done, and I can't wait. :) I believe I've never posted any felted project here before, but I did some felting last year, and I loved it. I think it's just perfect for bags.

This bag is such a quick project, and I'm hoping to finish it soon. :)