Monday, December 13, 2010

Crochet Mittens

Brrr... I hope you all are keeping yourself warm!
It's 36F here today, but the forecast says it will warm up to 70F towards the end of the week.

This year, my son started enjoying riding his bicycle in our neighborhood, and last week it became too cold to ride without gloves. We searched for his gloves in his closet, but we only found one. One would not help and it was too small for him anyways so I pulled out my long neglected crochet hooks and found this free pattern. I made women's size for him, and the mittens came out just slightly larger than his hands (They fit me just fine):
Crochet Mittens
Pattern: Crochet Mittens for All
Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn

The suggested size of the hook for the pattern is I/5.5mm, but I used H/5.0mm just for Cuff. I also shortened the cuffs.

These mittens crocheted with single crochet stitches using worsted weight yarn are thick, and I'm hoping they will last through this winter. :D They are also quick to make. I thought they would make a nice last-minute Christmas gift. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! :) *hugs*

~ Chie